Lab Assistant (Part Time)
Encodia is an emerging, early stage biotech company developing the next generation of protein analysis tools. We are seeking a part-time Lab Assistant to be responsible for:
- Maintaining lab inventory by purchasing and stocking lab consumables.
- Cleaning and organizing the general use areas and washing/autoclaving glassware.
- Making buffers and common lab reagents.
- Performing literature search and retrieval.
- Ordering chemicals and reagents.
- High School Diploma and at least one year towards Bachelor degree (B.S) in Chemistry or Biology. Completed first year of general chemistry.
- Ability to calculate concentrations and volumes in all units of measure.
- Must be highly organized, analytical, accurate and detail oriented.
- Must be able to work independently, as well as with a team.
- Ability to maintain confidential information in an appropriate manner and ability to use judgment in the wording and inclusion of pertinent and sensitive information.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
Encodia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.