Research Associate - Sr. Research Associate (REPOSTED 1/7/19)
Encodia is an emerging, early stage biotech company developing the next generation of protein analysis tools. We are seeking to recruit a Research Associate in Chemistry with expertise in synthesis and modification of peptide and/or biomacromolecules to join our rapidly growing team. Successful candidates will also have knowledge and experience with 1 or 2 of the following areas: solid phase peptide synthesis, macromolecule bioconjugation strategies, HPLC and LC-MS analysis of peptides. This position will involve research and collaboration with colleagues at the interfaces between materials, surface science, protein biochemistry, protein engineering, and molecular biology. Highly motivated candidates who have shown success in chemistry at the industry level are highly encouraged to apply.
- Synthesis, characterization and purification of modified peptides in solution and/or solid phase.
- Design, synthesis and characterization of biomacromolecule conjugates.
- Perform assays and analyze data to provide clear conclusions and propose experimental next steps.
- Demonstrate a high level of innovation and initiative in identifying and resolving new products and troubleshooting reactions, assays, and analytical methods.
- Characterize proprietary chemistry starting materials and products that may include: chemical reagents, buffers, peptides, nucleic acid oligomers.
- Work closely with Scientists in the fields of Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Molecular Biology on experiments and data analysis.
- Display an ability to multitask and complete assigned projects on time.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and housekeeping duties as required.
- Assist in the design of laboratory experiments to develop new chemical reactivities to meet specific design criteria.
- Bachelor's in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or a closely related field with 2-8 years of industrial experience or Master's degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or a closely related field and 0-5 years of industrial research experience.
- Track record of success working in an industrial or academic research laboratory.
- Ability to document and provide clear and concise presentation of experimental results.
- Experience with analytical methods including some but not all of the following: HPLC, LC/MS, NMR, TLC.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to conduct lab work with strict attention to safety.
Encodia is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers a competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package including medical, dental and vision plans, Life/AD&D and LTD insurance, 401(k) plan, paid vacation, and a stock plan.