Research Associate II - Next Gen Sequencing, reposted 1/03/2019
Encodia is an emerging, early stage biotech company developing the next generation of protein analysis tools. Encodia is seeking to recruit a Research Associate II with a background in molecular biology and Next-Gen Sequencing experience. This candidate will be responsible for preparing NGS libraries, executing sequencing runs, being strongly motivated, goal-oriented and working well under tight timelines. The nature of the role is highly cross-functional, requires an integration mind set and strong organizational and communication skills.
- Prepare and sequence NGS libraries for an interdisciplinary team using established workflows
- Design and optimize new NGS library preparation protocols
- Perform tasks such as PCR/qPCR, gel electrophoresis, DNA purification/quantification and operate liquid handlers
- Perform lab maintenance tasks such as ordering reagents, making buffers, maintaining sequencing supplies and keeping a detailed lab notebook
- Assist with assay development and validation, updating standard operating procedures, and other duties as assigned
- BS with 2-5 years of experience and/or MS with 0-2 years of experience in Molecular Biology/Biochemistry or a closely related field
- Hands-on experience with nucleic acid amplification and detection technologies: e.g. PCR/qPCR, digital PCR, and gels
- Previous experience with preparing Next-Gen DNA libraries and Next-Gen sequencing would be an advantage
- High standards for quality and technical excellence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and zeal for organization
- Excellent team player
Encodia is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers a competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package including medical, dental and vision plans, Life/AD&D and LTD insurance, 401(k) plan, paid vacation, and a stock plan. If you are passionate for next generation life science and bring your best everyday, and enjoy a dynamic engagement with a bright team of scientists and engineers, then Encodia is the place for you!