Proteomics Scientist, reposted 1/03/2019
Encodia is an emerging, early stage biotech company developing the next generation of protein analysis tools. Encodia is seeking to hire a technical expert in sample prep for proteome analysis with a deep understanding of opportunities, technologies and challenges in proteomics. The candidate will spearhead new proteomics sample prep workflows. The position requires a high level of scientific leadership and offers the opportunity to contribute substantially to our product roadmap.
- Develop and implement novel proteomics sample prep methods.
- Work cross-functionally to develop new protein bioconjugation methods.
- Interpret novel types of proteomics data sets and validate against MS methods.
- Develop MS-based methods for quantifying peptide modifications.
- Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry, Chemical Biology, Biochemistry or a closely related field.
- 5+ years of proteomics postgraduate experience in industry. Postdoctoral experience may be included.
- Hands-on experience with protein isolation, depletion, enrichment, digestion, peptide separation and chemical modification for proteome analysis.
- Knowledge in chemical conjugation methods is advantageous.
- Excellent background in peptide sequencing by Mass Spec.
- Expertise in processing large-scale proteomics data sets and navigating proteomics databases.
- Track record of publishing in top tier journals and experience in grant writing.
- Passion for science and innovation.
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
Encodia is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers a competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package including medical, dental and vision plans, Life/AD&D and LTD insurance, 401(k) plan, paid vacation, and a stock plan. If you are passionate for next generation life science and bring your best everyday, and enjoy a dynamic engagement with a bright team of scientists and engineers, then Encodia is the place for you!