Group Leader - Proteomics, posted 1/26/19
Encodia is an emerging, early-stage biotech company developing the next generation of high-throughput protein analysis tools. Encodia is seeking to hire a proteomics scientist with a deep understanding of the opportunities, technologies, and challenges in proteomics. The candidate will provide guidance in defining proteomics applications and will use their expertise in understanding proteomics data to assist our bioinformatics team to analyze and model our next generation peptide sequencing platform. In addition, the candidate will oversee mass spectrometry-based proteomics research activities and supervise a team of scientists. The position requires a high level of scientific and managerial leadership and offers the opportunity to contribute substantially to our product roadmap.
- Support product definition, roadmapping and market research.
- Conceive and oversee the implementation of novel proteomics sample prep methods.
- Develop commercial sample prep kits.
- Use MS-based methods to quantify peptides and their modifications.
- Interpret novel types of proteomics data sets and validate them using MS methods.
- Provide knowledge and expertise in the proteomics field: applications and data analysis.
- Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry, Chemical Biology, Biochemistry or a closely related field.
- 5+ years of relevant postgraduate experience in industry.
- Excellent knowledge of the proteomics market and proteomics technologies.
- Deep knowledge of sample prep methods including: protein isolation, depletion, enrichment, digestion, peptide separation and chemical modification.
- Excellent background in state-of-the-art quantitative mass spectrometry.
- Expertise in processing large-scale proteomics data sets and navigating proteomics databases.
- Familiarity with product development activities.
- Results-orientated and experience managing teams and aggressive timelines.
- Leader with excellent people and communication skills.
Encodia is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers a competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package including medical, dental and vision plans, Life/AD&D and LTD insurance, 401(k) plan, paid vacation, and a stock plan. If you are passionate for next generation life science and bring your best everyday, and enjoy a dynamic engagement with a bright team of scientists and engineers, then Encodia is the place for you!