Research Associate - Protein Production and Bioconjugation
Encodia is an emerging, early stage biotech company developing the next generation of protein analysis tools. We are currently seeking highly motivated senior Research Associate (RA) with experience in protein chemistry to join our Core Consumables team. Successful candidates will provide technical support for high throughput protein purification and screening, as well as large scale production of protein bioconjugate. The position involves broad collaboration with colleagues across a wide range of technical disciplines to support consumables needs within the company.
- Large scale production of protein and oligonucleotide bioconjugates.
- Work closely with cross-functional team to routinely deliver bioconjugated materials.
- Participate in high throughput expression and purification of proteins.
- Analyze and present data, participate in technical meetings to discuss progress and issues.
- Flexible enough to adapt to the changing needs of an emerging company.
- BS in biology, biochemistry, chemistry or related fields with 5 - 8 years of experience in biotech industry or MS with 3 - 5 years of similar experience.
- Track record of success working in an industrial or academic research laboratory.
- Demonstrated experience with protein chemistry, protein modification and bioconjugation.
- Experience in large scale production of protein and/or oligonucleotide bioconjugates and standard chromatographic techniques (e.g. SEC, IEX, affinity etc. is strongly preferred).
- Experienced in high throughput expression and purification of protein is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a cross-functional team.
- Independent thinking and good problem-solving skills are necessary.
- Ability to document and provide clear and concise presentation of experimental results.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to conduct lab work with strict attention to quality.
- Desire to learn new technologies.
Encodia is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers a competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package including medical, dental and vision plans, Life/AD&D and LTD insurance, 401(k) plan, paid vacation, and a stock plan.