Research Associate -Protein Engineering
Encodia is an emerging, fast-growing biotech company developing the next generation proteomics tools using modern high-throughput DNA sequencing. We are seeking a highly motivated Research Associate with 2+ years of dedicated bench-work experience in Protein Engineering or related areas. The successful candidate will possess excellent lab skills, and solid BS or MS training in molecular biology, biochemistry or biophysics. Previous protein engineering experience, such as site-directed mutagenesis and ELISA screening is highly desirable.
- Construct high diversity mutagenesis libraries.
- Perform directed evolution experiments such as phage display to evolve new molecular variants.
- Run high-throughput protein screening assays such as ELISA.
- Characterize variants through biophysical and functional methods.
- Clone plasmid constructs.
- BS in molecular biology, biochemistry or related field with 2+ years of experience, or MS with 1-2 years of industry experience (or experience in relevant academic labs).
- Knowledgeable in general molecular biology laboratory procedures including PCR, cloning, transformation, protein binding affinity/specificity, ELISA, etc.
- Ability to accurately follow protocols, work effectively and produce accurate, reliable and reproducible data.
- Attention to details.
- Ability to interpret, troubleshoot, and optimize experimental parameters is a must.
- Comfortable learning and operating new lab instruments.
- Ability to work cooperatively within a fast-paced team.
Encodia is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers a competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package including medical, dental and vision plans, Life/AD&D and LTD insurance, 401(k) plan, paid vacation, and a stock plan.